sábado, 25 de octubre de 2008

the gates, central park



When I had to choose a work of art it was really hard for me, I like art, painting, photography, and of course architecture, but choosing just one work of art is really difficult. I remember one special artists I knew about 2 years ago, when in one of our studio assignments we had to design a house for a famous artist. One of my classmate artist was this one: Christo (bulgharian), who also works with his wife Jeanne Claude ( french). I mean they are special because their art is totally different than regular art like painting, sculpture , design or architecture, they just make installations into urban places.
The work of art I’ve chosen is The Gates , central park. An intervention performed in Manhattan, New York, which consists in 7503 metal orange gates aligned through the Central Park with orange fabric like flags moving with the wind. I really think this work is really interesting but not just this one, there are more amazing installations like wrapping buildings or covering islands. I love how they mix artificial and natural objetcs into one thing, enhancing the beauty of the places or the objects, in “the gates” specially how they work in an urban landscape like new york and put their art between circulation areas, making people feel part of it

No hay comentarios: